Frequently Asked Questions
(now with Answers)
I have never been to Austin and I don't know where these classes are being held or the exact location.
- You can find more information about our venues on the website: https://www.austinbluesparty.com/venues.html
I've never visited Austin before and am planning on taking the time during the workshops to explore. Do you have any suggestions?
- Exploring the city is a GREAT idea, we have various suggestions for that up on our website: https://www.austinbluesparty.com/explore-austin.html
I won't have a vehicle. Is public transit easily available?
- Check out the Cities website for travelers: https://www.getthereatx.com/visitors/
- Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options for public transportation. The most helpful public transit line for our venues is the MetroRapid 803, which stops within walking distance of all of our class and dance venues. They might not meet all of your travel needs, but they can help if you can find housing nearby. For times and stop locations, check www.capmetro.org
- There are also rideshare options available. See what options are available at https://www.getthereatx.com/mobility-options/rideshare/ and look under the Ride Hailing options
- You might also consider renting a car, which depending on how many trips you take could be cheaper than rideshares
I bought a pass, but will not be able to attend ABP. Is it possible to get a refund?
- Unfortunately, like most dance events, we have a no refund policy. However, we would be happy to assist in transferring your pass to someone else. You can find someone to sell or give your pass to (possibly by posting on the Facebook event, or just someone you know personally). It would be up to you to get payment from them by whatever means you choose. Once you've done that, just put us in touch with them and we'll guide them through the process of transferring it. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us of the transfer.
How does housing work for ABP?
- We coordinate housing on a first come, first serve basis, based on availability and demand, so the earlier you get your pass the better. Housing is not guaranteed and closes on Feb 1st. If you didn't fill out the housing form when you registered, you can do so here (Request Housing Form). If you're able to arrange for your own housing (via hotels or short term rentals) you can use this map (link to map) to see the location of our venues.
Is there a way that people can volunteer in exchange for a pass?
- Attendees buy their passes up front, and may indicate an interest in volunteering by filling out the volunteering section of the Registration Form. We reimburse $10/hour for confirmed volunteer hours worked after the weekend via PayPal. We can't guarantee precisely how many hours you'll receive but you can request as many as you want.
I was wondering if you have door prices for each of the dances?
- We don't tend to release at the door pricing until closer to the event, however it is priced so that registering early is cheaper.
Also, buying a pass (All Access or Dance Only) is required if you're registering for housing or want to work as a Volunteer over the course of the weekend.
Is it possible to attend classes without a full weekend pass?
- While we sometimes sell day passes to our workshops, it is based on availability leading up to the event. If we sell out of All-Access passes, we won't have any One Day Workshop passes available.
- If you are new to Blues Dancing, there are also Boot Camp passes. This gives you access to 4 hours of beginner friendly classes on Saturday.